Equipping your team with disposable ear protection is crucial to adhere to the safety standards that are expected of you as an employer. In fact, disposable ear protection such as ear plugs, is just one of many pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that ensure your team’s wellbeing.
Here, at Protec Direct, we stock the highest quality branded hearing protection and the highest rated ear plugs from leading suppliers, such as Peltor, Honeywell and Uvex earplugs. Unlike other forms of ear protection, ear buds sit within the ear canal, which can offer greater protection from extreme levels of noise.
There are a number of working environments that require noise reduction ear plugs, such as airports and construction sites. Below, we guide you through the best noise reduction earplugs we offer. We’ll suggest how they can sustain the wellbeing of your team, and uphold legal safety requirements.
The range of corded and banded earplugs available from Protec Direct
We offer a full scope of corded earplugs for noise reduction. So, whether you work in engineering, food production or plumbing, we have the protective equipment to help you care for your employees.
Ear protection and the law
Based on the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are expected to provide sound cancelling ear plugs for all employees if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly exposure. If you’re unsure about the level of volume in your workplace, use the HSE noise exposure calculator to find out how much noise your workplace generates.
Employees must also be fully trained on how to use their ear protection correctly and safely, and know when it must be worn. Hearing Protection Zones in the workplace should also be clearly identified, wherein the use of banded hearing protection is absolutely necessary to avoid injury.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
There are a number of considerations to make when buying the right ear plugs for your workplace. These are as follows:
- Ensure that the ear protection you have chosen will reduce noise to below 85dB to guarantee the individual’s safety. For example, the UVEX Whisper Corded Ear plugs can be used for noise levels up to 100dB.
- • For a working environment that’s physically demanding, with a lot of manual labour being undertaken, then opt for banded earplugs that are stable yet lightweight. The UVEX X-Cap plugs have a secure band, and are ergonomically designed to make positioning easier.
- If the workspace generates dust and debris then a No-Touch pair of earplugs is recommended. These would also suit those wearing protective gloves at work, for example in construction, as the stems make insertion easier. Opting for a hygiene-conscious pair can reduce the chances of ear infection. In this case, the 3M Corded Ear Plugs would also be a good choice, as their dirt-resistant surface provides better hygiene and durability.
- If your employees have to work in low visibility areas, in overnight road construction for example, then highly visible earplugs lower the risk of loss, as well as ensure compliance checks are much easier. Here at Protec Direct, we offer the Laserlite Corded Earplug LL-30E in magenta and yellow, which is perfectly designed for low visibility workspaces.
- If the employee is not within a Hearing Protection Zone, and the need for hearing protection is intermittent, then we suggest plugs that are easy to put on and take off. For example, the 3M Banded Ear plugs are often provided to factory visitors, due to their disposability and convenience.
Browse our complete selection of reusable corded ear plugs for sale below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery, available to all customers who spend over £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.